Friday, December 19, 2014

tis the season

Happy mid-December! It's 34 degrees outside and very grey here in Boston. Thanksgiving passed with lots of leftovers, wine, a foot of snow and an impromptu 2am walk through the snowy woods and we are solidly (if not officially) into winter.

For me the first two weeks of December is always a flurry of printing, packing and shipping, daily visits to the post office and crossing my fingers as I drop off original paintings. This year I had a booth at the SoWa Holiday Market, which was successful and busy beyond belief, and am finishing up three new paintings to hang at Flour on New Years Day and a few more to hang in a group show in February and preparing for my first travel workshop in April! The days are definitely packed.


I think around two dozen original paintings have headed off to new homes this season since my Open Studios! That's a record for me and feels very good. The latest was And So Am I, above, which shipped out this morning after a few paint touch ups. 

Today is the deadline for orders to get in the mail and arrive before Christmas, so I'm packing up every last one for Mike to bring to the post office this afternoon and then we'll reward ourselves with our new favorite restaurant (I think I mentioned it before… it's a bookstore and overlooks Newbury Street's lit up trees!) and Wild. Next week I'll be finishing up my own holiday shopping and while I don't think I'll get to do much decorating this year, I hope to at least sew us some stockings and plan a nice Christmas Eve breakfast. Hope you're staying cozy and busy (but not too busy) this holiday season.

2 comments: